Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLC Configuration

VLC Configuration

(Posted-it years ago but still valuble as a basic trick to shine vlc.)

Note 1: All following steps are applicable under : Tools > Preferences > Show Settings: set All.
    Note 2: If you will lost yourself during the work, do not panic > just click Reset Preferences. (preferences will be changed back to the default)
    Note 3: To made changes/preferences applicable > at the end of the work click Save, and try to play a file/stream to see the difference.

Basic settings for Network and File:

& Input / Codecs > File cachning > set: 1.000 ms.
    & Input / Codecs > Disc cachong > set: 1.000 ms.
    & Input / Codecs > Network cachings > set 3.000 /up to 5.000 ms (read Note 1+2) > Save.
    ( For illustration: Default Network was 1000 / Default File was 300 )

Mentioned basic settings you can also manage following:

Open VLC > click on vlc-screen and press CTRL+N /or go to upper toolbar Media - Network to open settings window.
    > carte/button ''Media'' - ''Network'' - from left to right: File - Disc - Network - Capture device

& Option ''A'': If you have got a link, paste-it into the collum Please enter a network URL
    & Option ''B'': If the link is not needed (using direct source) = the stream is on automatically (using application to watch), then just follow.
    & Option ''C'': Play File

> tick: Show more options

& Caching > Set 3.000 ms /up to 5.000 ms (use arrow ''up/down'' or type)
    & Edit Options > will be automatically rewrite from/to: ''Option A&B/Network'' :network -caching=3000 /or ''Opion C/File'' :file-caching=3000
    & fro ''Option A&B'': Press Play (!) to watch.

Note 1: But, there is an issue..., it is not helpfull if the connection is really too slow and/or the site/source does not support ''playing with caching'' /it is not available function for every single file = you can not try to manage the caching of every single source.

Note 2: To set above of 5.000 ms is usually useless 'cos it depends on site, source and connection, i.e. to set 10.000 ms does not solve problem when watching is lagging a lot.

Extra settings for HD files/streams:

& Input / Codecs > Video codecs > FFmpeg > ''Skip the loop filter for H.264 decoding'' > All.
    ( For illustration: Default was None )

Next two steps are just ''hopping for a miracle'' and if your hardware (CPU, etc.) is not good enough > your are hopeless, but try anyway:

& Advanced > set ''Increase priority of the process''.
    & Input / Codecs > Video codecs > FFmpeg - Decoding > set ''Hurry up'' and ''allow the SpeedTrix''.
    ( For illustration: boxs were empty )

Last step is applicable only if the graphic card is better than a poscard > video card must be HD:

& Video > Output modules > set ''DirectX 3D video output''.
    ( For illustration: Default was Default )

A general advice pointing the live-streams watching:

& Codec Pack > it's allways better to have one regardless that vlc has own codecs. The right one for your PC depends on recommendation & try ...but... just ONE codec pack is allowed to be installed. After installation of codec-pack restart PC !

& .NET Framework > .NET is distributed as system-update usually, if not u have to install-it manually ...but... do not try to beat this = do not uninstall or do not delete folders of old versions ! ( some applications need older version and the last one could not content the needed components )

& Java > check for update redargless that should be installed as regular java-update, if not download & install. The old versin should be rewrited during installation process ...but... check Programs to uninstall the old version if stucks in PC & clean registry after.

DIY - Do It Yourself. You should be able to set & check what is necessary and mentioned here. And share to be helpful to the others 'cos ''every little helps''.
    Last edited by expo; 27-08-2015, 11:50.
    I am ready, almost ready, almost... Nothing takes five minutes.

Okay, I don't know where else to ask this question because I'm basically new to using VLC and I'm very new to this forum site....but here's my problem...

I am trying to watch certain programs through VLC. I see links that say "Copy to VLC or MPC-HC 3M" on here all the time. I click on them and a VLC file (".m3u8") downloads to my computer. When I click on it, VLC opens, there are about 5 10-second spots that appear on the playlist, the program starts, but it's only for about 10 seconds each shot, then after the 5th one it all stops. I don't know if this is making any sense to anybody, but this is what happens every time I click on one of those "Copy to VLC or MPC-HC 3M" links. I just wanna watch the program...the FULL program. Why does it come up in 5 10-second parts?

Can somebody please help me with this?

By the way, I have StreamTorrent, AceStream, Sopcast, and Veetle...but VLC is still a huge mystery to me.

Comment

if i understand your question than

dont download it everywhere here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

for all versions of software
      Last edited by baba_1; 03-10-2015, 18:42.

Comment

Originally posted by baba_1 View Post
        if i understand your question than

dont download it everywhere here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

for all versions of software

That's the website I went to do download the VLC version that I have now. I just don't get it. When I click on those links the program shows up, but only in 10 second pieces. If you're referring to the links to watch the games, I get THOSE from this website.
        Last edited by HarlemVIP; 03-10-2015, 19:50.

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemVIP View Post
          Okay, I don't know where else to ask this question because I'm basically new to using VLC and I'm very new to this forum site....but here's my problem...

I am trying to watch certain programs through VLC. I see links that say "Copy to VLC or MPC-HC 3M" on here all the time. I click on them and a VLC file (".m3u8") downloads to my computer. When I click on it, VLC opens, there are about 5 10-second spots that appear on the playlist, the program starts, but it's only for about 10 seconds each shot, then after the 5th one it all stops. ....
          Here's the problem. You don't want to download it. Try right-clicking the link, then select "copy link location." Then, open VLC, select Media->Open Network Stream, and paste the link there.

Comment

you have to know how the IPTV works lol

why we here upload always fresh new links

cause in IPTV in one server can watch A LIMITED PEOPLE ONLY sometimes only 100 sometime 300 it depends

if links are UDP or ts or in m3u8 and they change sometimes everyday the IP OR THEY ARE CROSSDOMAIN PROTECTED OR.OR.IF links are HLS is more complicated and often they get down by the owner the basic streamer he shuts them down You now what i mean and people here have to find others lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
              Here's the problem. You don't want to download it. Try right-clicking the link, then select "copy link location." Then, open VLC, select Media->Open Network Stream, and paste the link there.
              And you should try the alternate MPC Player. I have the same Problem with the BTN Link in VLC , but it works perfect with MPC
              DL Link is here

Comment

Okay....I did what you guys said...I didn't download it again. First, I right clicked on it and clicked on "copy link address" then opened VLC and went to "Media", then "Open Network Stream", then pasted the link address in the drop box. The BTN links all gave me those 10 second entries I was talking about. But I tried one of the MPC links to what looked like another website and it seemed to work perfectly. Too bad I couldn't find one of those links for the Michigan game though.

Now, I wanna say my problem has been solved, but NOW I have to look into what an "MPC" is...lol. I guess I'll go download THAT and hope that gives me better results, but like I said, I'm very new to all this. This is my first time doing any of this and hearing about any of this, so you all have to be patient with me. But all in all, thanx a lot for the help. I really do appreciate it....even though you'll likely hear from me again if this same problem comes up again...lol

Thanx again, guys...

Comment

MPC is just another Media Player like VLC. You can download it without problem, no spyware, adware or other sh... !

Comment

Okay, I'm trying to get the game on MPC, but this thing is a total mystery for me. I don't see an option to use the link to watch the game. I need help again guys...sorry to bother everybody again.

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemVIP View Post
                      Okay, I'm trying to get the game on MPC, but this thing is a total mystery for me. I don't see an option to use the link to watch the game. I need help again guys...sorry to bother everybody again.
                      I suppose you have the english version so I can't tell you the exact names of the buttons to push, but first you have to copy the m3U-Link using the right Mouse Button. Then start MPC, open the first pull down menu on the left side, then select "open media" and paste the m3U link. Then click ok and the stream should start.
                      Last edited by All Blacks; 10-10-2015, 22:44.

Comment

Originally posted by All Blacks View Post
                        I suppose you have the english version so I can't tell you the exact names of the buttons to push, but first you have to copy the m3U-Link using the right Mouse Button. Then start MPC, open the first pull down menu on the left side, then select "open media" and paste the m3U link. Then click ok and the stream should start.

Okay, I right clicked on the link, copied the link address, then in MPC I clicked on "Open File" and pasted the link and THAT WORKED!!! All this time it was staring me in the face, but I was confused at the whole open "FILE" heading. I thought I needed a file and not a link address.

Okay, I used what you said and figured it out. Thanx a lot....now HOPEFULLY I won't be bothering you good people about this thing again...lol

Thanx again!

Comment

Sounds like to me that you are trying to play an ooyalla stream on an early version of VLC, which did not play them. Get a new version of VLC from Source Forge.

Comment

Working...
                          X